- Paul Barnes
- Jim Steil
- David Holt
- Karen Clark
- George Heleine
- Jonathan Simon
- Mike Miller
- The Mississippi Geospatial Conference is scheduled for October 15th and 16th with virtual and in-person attendance options.
- USM will be open for the Fall semester with health protocols in place.
- Research is being done into Microsoft Teams, Zoom, and WebEx to determine what the best options are for virtual MGC attendance.
- [ Action Item | Courtney Kirkham ] E-mail MAST mailing list to invite people to attend the MGC
- [ Action Item | Jim Steil ] E-mail MARIS mailing list to invite people to attend the MGC
MAST Non-Profit Status
- Required information has been submitted and received by the IRS. Additional communications are being monitored.
Atlas of Mississippi
- There is an effort being made to produce a Volume 3 for the Atlas of Mississippi.
- There should be an Editorial and Cartography Board to review the project.
- Several team members will be required to complete the project.
- Atlas is expected to be printed as well as available digitally.
- Dr. Holt says USM legal is reviewing the project for approval.
- When the atlas is ready for publication, the expectation is to go through University Press.
Mississippi Department of Marine Resources
- In July, the 2021 fiscal year began without allocating funds for MDMR. Note: This has been resolved. MDMR staff are still working.
University of Southern Mississippi
- Introduction to GIS classes at USM in Hattiesburg will now use QGIS.
- USGS, specifically George Heleine, is creating a fact sheet regarding the 3DEP LiDAR work in Mississippi, at the request of Senator Wicker.
- If anyone has examples of LiDAR use for projects, please share them with George.
- There will be complete statewide coverage of QL2 data by mid-October.
- There is hop to complete QL1 coverage for the MS Gulf Coast and the Delta in the future.
Mississippi Department of Transportation
- Mike Cresap, Director of MDOT, has retired.
- There is an effort to ensure the work done under his chairmanship with MSCCRSGIS will be well defined and in place for when MSCCRSGIS reconvenes.
- CMPDD is diligently working on converting to HTTPS.
- Expect the grand opening of their new building to be in November 2020.
- Jonathan Simon has offered the CMPDD conference space as a possible location for future MAST meetings.
City of Gulfport
- The City of Gulfport is moving to Enterprise.
- There is an effort toward upgrading many GIS users to ArcGIS Pro.
- There is a surprise twenty-year archive of utility data that is now being integrated into the geospatial utility network.
Presentation: Difference Between the Political Handbook of the World and the CIA Factbook
- This presentation was presented by Dr. David Holt.
- The Political Handbook of the World is updated annually
- The team maintaining the Political Handbook of the world is primarily composed of academic members.
- The World Factbook is out-of-date.
- The World Factbook is maintained by the CIA.
- Jim Steil thanks USM / Dr. Holt for providing the meeting service, and to all attendees.
- Meeting is Adjourned.
- Courtney Kirkham
- E-mail MAST listserve to invite attendees to register for the MGC.
- Schedule September Board Meeting.
- Jim Steil
- E-mail MARIS listserve to invite attendees to register for the MGC.