Greetings, All –
The time has come again for the Mississippi Geospatial Conference. This year will be a bit different, as you can register to attend the conference in-person or virtually. Here’s what you’ll need to know:
Who: Geospatial professionals, vendors, students, and enthusiasts. Come one, come all!
What: Gather together to discuss research, updates, best practices, new technology, and more, all with a geospatial focus.
When: October 15th and 16th
Where: The conference will be held at the Gulf Park campus of the University of Southern Mississippi in Long Beach, MS OR at your computer!
Why: The MGC serves to connect geospatial professionals and interested parties across Mississippi and into the surrounding areas. This conference is our annual gathering to share our work with each other, connect with new individuals interested in the field, and discuss research, best practices, and any upcoming news.
How: You can register here. Registration* will be priced as follows:
- $75 for in-person attendees **
- $35 for virtual attendees
- $350 for Sponsors ***
* In addition to access to the Mississippi Geospatial Conference, all attendees will receive a one-year membership to the Mississippi Association of Spatial Technologies.
** In-person attendees will receive 2 meals, snacks, and a conference souvenir.
*** Sponsorship covers a table and four attendees. For questions about how virtual sponsorship can work, contact Karen Clark
Additional Information for Students:
- College and High School students interested in attending the conference are encouraged to contact Dr. David Holt about potentially having their registration covered.
- Students are welcomed to attend, participate, and even present at the conference. This is a great opportunity to meet industry professionals in the area, learn about the work they do, ask about internships, and more.
- There is a poster scholarship competition every year. For additional information, please contact Dr. Holt. He will provide you with guidelines, instructions on how to submit, and tell you how to get your poster printed.
Additional Information for Everyone:
- There will be protocols in place to protect the health of everyone physically at the conference.
- Masks will be required to be worn properly at all times.
- Submissions for Presentations are still open.